1.26.2006

AudioA

Semester one is over. 5 more months and I'm done with highschool forever. Wow. 4 years ago, graduation seemed like foreever away. Now 4 years ago seems like yesterday. They always say time flies, but you never believe them until it actually does, and you're wondering how it got away from you so quickly.

At least, that's how it is with me.

Jade and I sat in the library for like one and a half hours today, doing really nothing. We listened to music...my i-pod battery died. We looked at some Teen People, and... practiced writing our names with two fingers. Haha. It was fun...boring, but fun. If that's possilbe. I'm gonna say it is because, hey. I'm writing this.

I find it captivating how I'm only really friends with people in certain situations. Like in Ecology, its only then that I'm really friends with Robert and Amie. And in FISH, I'm friends with Cody and Chris and Jonna, but that's really the only time we talk. Well, not really, but still. I don' t know.

I listened to a song I hadn't listened to in a while this morning. I really like it, but I kind of forgot about it. It's by...Something something Worship Circus. Big Tent Worship Circus or something. That's not it, but it's similar. It's all about the love of God coming into this town, and how it transformed every one. THere's this one line that says, "All the highschool parties were turning into worship raves" and I always thought it would be so cool if instead of dumb high school parties with drinking and drugs and stuff, if everyone got together and praised God. I mean, I know people do that in church and at youth group and stuff. But imagine all the "popular" people coming together and throwing away all their hinderances and just sprinting to God.

In Acteens last night, we did a service project at the Senior Citizen Center and when we were done, Megan and I ran up to Ms. Jean's house to sing her a song. So we go up there, and we're all out of breath, so we knock on the door, enter, and start singing to her. Megan starts all high and squeaky (we're singing "You Are My Sunshine") and I start laughing, so she does too, so the entire second half of the song is ruined because we're laughing. So Ms. Jean (I love her!) she says, "Thanks, girls..." and I say, "Sorry we started laughing." And she says, "Well...your intentions were good." It was funny.

No comments: