3.30.2006

Miracles and Lazarus

"And [Lazarus] who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, '"Loose him, and let him go.'" John 11:44

I love this verse. I'm studying my Bible lesson for Sunday, and when I got to this verse, I thought it was really super sweet. I mean, Jesus was like heart broken about Lazarus' death, so much so that He cried. Then there is such power in His voice, that even death is controlled by it.

So Jesus is just like, "Come here Lazarus" and Lazarus comes out of the tomb. Then everyone there mourning just like looks at him and they don't unwrap him until Jesus tells them to. And, I don't know, but it's awesome.

Part of the Bible Study with this Sunday School lesson, one of the questions was "What miracles do you need Jesus to do in your life?" And it got me thinking. What miracles DO I need? His love is a miracle in my life. I so do not deserve it, but here He is, just loving me. And the fact that His love is so abundant that He DIED FOR ME is even more incredible, even more of a miracle. The fact that the sun and moon and stars come out every day without fail is a miracle, because without God, we wouldn't even have them. And my family. And friends. And church. But what other miracles do I need?

I would feel almost bad if I ask for more. There are kids in Africa, and even here in America that have so much less than I do. Yet, I want more? That doesn't make sense.

But, I do want more. I want more of God, and I want to follow Him more. I want others to know about Him, but I'm not doing a very good job in that department.

Jesus is a miracle worker. I have the miracles in my life to prove that. I believe in miracles because I'm a miracle myself.

No comments: