4.11.2006

And, And, And...

And so last night was fun. Carli and I made up card games (I totally lost, because she had three of the jacks, which were each worth 1700 points.), and then we made up these songs. And it was funny. SO while everyone else was downstairs having boring adult conversation, we were upstairs laughing our heads off.

And then, today, I was just going to sit at my locker during advisory and work on my Anthropology ntoes, but I knew that I should go to Youth Alive. But I was like, "No, God, I have too much work to do." Then I heard the music. And no, I wasn't daydreaming. But a Christian praise band from one of the local churches had come, and we were going to do praise and worship. So I stood up, and I went. And I am so glad I did, because it was sweet. The band rocked - literally. They had gone all out with a complete drum set, two guitars, one bass, a keyboard, amps, microphones, the whole sha-bang. And the special education kids all came, and they totally had a BLAST, which is cool. And the room was packed, and there were even kids in the hallway listening. So I got to worship God AT SCHOOL, with tons of other people, including a teacher. And the rest of the day, thus far, I've had the songs stuck in my head, which have put me in an automatic state of God-Awareness. Which is what I need.

And I'm really hungry, and kind of bummed because my brother leaves tomorrow for home. But Jeff and Kayla's wedding is in like a month and a half, so I'll get to see them all then, which will actually be a lot of fun, as opposed to how I originally thought it would be. And our last day of school (and my 19th birthday) is in just 6 weeks and 3 days. Crazy.

And tonight I have Bible study at Ms. Mindy's, and God's taught me a LOT this week, so it'll be nice to share that. If I get a chance. If God tells me to.

And yesterday I spent a good hour or so looking at Christian shirts, and I found a lot that I really like, so there you go.

2 comments:

Kristina Huling said...

your 19th birthday?

:P

Melissa Joy said...

Yeah, my 19th birthday. Duh. Gosh, how long were you in D.C. anyway? Like a year? You missed my 18th birthday. Bummer for you. :D