4.25.2006

My Additions In Bold

Are you like Peter?
By

Matthew 14:24-31v.30-31: But when he saw the winds boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said to him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Lack of faith, does that describe you? Yeah. Totally. So many times, we finally get out of the boat thinking "This time, I will follow Jesus and trust Him." Sounds 100% familiar. Then, right when everything seems to be going great, Satan jumps in the water with you. The trials begin to fall upon you, and you get scared. You get so scared that you forget to look upon Jesus' face. As usual, we start to fall away from God. Trying to solve it all by ourselves. When we finally hit that wall, we turn to Jesus once again. Why is Jesus always my last resort? As Pastor Tom says, "Prayer is not a last ditch effort of a faithless people, but rather the first line of defense of a faithful people." So am I faithless or faithful? (This is my favorite part) Jesus immediately reaches forth His hand and picks us up, and says, "I got you, just trust me." Just like after He was resurrected, and He knew that His boy Peter needed to see Him...Jesus knows I need Him. Do I know it?

Peter had that faith to trust Jesus. It was somewhere inside him...and it's somewhere inside of me, too. All he had to do is look upon Jesus' face, and he would not sink. He didn't do that though, instead he looked to other things, and he fell. Is your life like that? Once upon Jesus, then you get side tracked of things that are going around you? Look, I know it is tough, I slip and fall my self. But, to stay in the stride of Gods' will we must trust Him and keep our eyes on Him. It's so hard to keep my eyes on Him when everything else is vying for attention: school, family, friends, money, college, homework, church. But I guess I just have to answer the question: What is most important to me?

Let me say this, even if you do keep your eyes upon Jesus, Satan will still try to cause problems in your life. But, with your eyes upon Jesus, everything will work out so much better. I am also sure that you will be able to walk away a stronger Christian.

from www.secretmotive.com

No comments: