6.29.2006

Church Last Night.

Last night, I got really fed up at church. During Acteens. It's like, to them, I can't do anything right. Me and Maria, and usually Megan is grouped with us, are always wrong. No matter what. Even when we're joking around, a leader who shall remained un-named always takes it personally. And I'm so sick of it.

So after church got out, I didn't want to go home yet. So I asked Ashley if she wanted to go for a walk or something. So we drive to Wasilla, park at a park, and just start walking around. And talking. So I tell her all about what had happened that night and while we were camping, and we talk about serving, and she tells me about her mission trip, and we talk about what we want to do in our lives, and we talk about God a lot, and we decided to start running together. And it was just really good. I needed it.

Ha - so we started walking, and we're going down the sidewalk, and on the other side of the street, a ways in front of us, is two guys walking towards us with a dog. And they are not nice-looking boys. They look like trouble. With a capital T. So they look like Trouble. And all of a sudden they cross the street towards us. So Ashley and I look at eachother, look at them, look both ways down the road, and like sprint to the other side of the road, away from them. And it was so obvious why we did it. And they were like "Ah, #$$#&^^&^&*$%, man, we were coming to talk to you ladies!" And we're like, um, yeah, okay...keep walking, don't look back. It was really really funny.

So I came home in a good mood.

And I have something sweet planned for today. Last night, Ms. Janelle was like, "We're washing my car tonight!" but she was just kidding. So after work, I'm going to pick up Megan and Maria, and we're driving to her house to wash her car. And we decided to wear shorts, a T-shirt, and ski masks. So it will be sweet.

Then tomorrow, or today, I have to pack for Hawaii. And then on Saturday, at like 2:30 am, we leave on a jet plane. And I actually don't know when I'll be back again.

I'm reading a raelly good book called "Being a Girl Who Serves" by Shannon Kubiak Primicerio. I think it's better preperation for the mission trip than anything else we've done in Acteens. We told Ms. Janelle that we want a culture lession again, because really, we do, and she thought we were joking. We haven't actually been taught by her in about 6 months. And I'm dead serious. We'll either do a lesson from MGHFTW, or we'll just talk about nothing, or we'll plan funraisers, or we'll talk about the mission trip. I'll be glad when I don't go to Acteens anymore, but I feel for Meg and Maria if they have to keep doing it when you don't do anything. How sucky it'll be for them.

No comments: