8.26.2006

God's Glory Endures Forever.

God is amazing.

I'm not even kidding.

He's so personal to me - like, I know Him, and He knows me, and He loves me, and I love Him (though not as much as I should...I need to work on that). But at the same time, He makes lightening strike down from the heavens.

Could Buddha do that? What about Muhammed? Moses? No. But can God? Yes. It's fantastic.

I really realized that tonight. At the Saturday in the Park. Charlie Hall was up there playing, and as he was rocking out, I could see flashes of lightning all around us. And...it was so powerful...just to be worshiping God while He was doing all this amazing nature stuff. And I could hear the thunder. And the wind was blowing, and it's like, God was just THERE. In spirit, in love, in POWER.

And I think that sometimes, I forget that God is powerful. I mean, I know He is, but I guess I get so caught up in Him being forgiving and loving (which He totally IS) that I just don't realize that He makes lightning, and causes us to hear thunder. He is the origin of all life, the Creator of gravity. He spoke the mountains (though there aren't any here in Oklahoma) into being. He just told the stars to BE and they were, and are to this day.

And - He wants me to know Him. He wants me to love Him. He wants me to be His friend. He's called me to be His daughter...I am the daughter of not just A king, but THE King.

To think that He loves that much - so much He gave me His Son - is just...it's causing me to have a loss for words. And that doesn't happen very often. But wow. God doesn't just HAVE love, He IS love. God's all about love and forgiveness and new beginnings with Him. And no matter how many times I mess up, God's still there. And He's just like, "Hey, Melissa, try it again. One more time. Don't worry. You're living freely with Me. I won't stop loving you if you mess up again." And God doesn't just say that and not mean. God means it. A lot. Like, with His whole being.

And I think that people need to realize that. I need to realize that. God loves us soo amazingly much. God loves ME soo amazingly much. And God loves YOU soo amazingly much. So much that He would rather turn His back on His Son than spend eternity without you.

God is forever.

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

Sometimes I think forever is a concept that we as people can't really relate to. You know, when we use the phrase "forever ago," for example, especially as teenagers, we could mean like, a year or two ago, a few weeks ago, sometime within the last day... we have no idea what forever is.