6.11.2007

I Believe I Can Fly.

So, Saturday.

Mom and I went to the parade. I sat in the front seat of my Dad's police car. One of the old cars broke down, and MTR had to come tow them away.

We bought Dad's Father's Day presents - Trees that turn red in the fall, like he's always wanted. He liked them and was presently surprised.

Then...
Kristina and I climbed the Butte.

And it was funny, right off the bat, because Kristina looked really cute in her capris and new top, and I was in my OBU shorts, and an OBU shirt. Made me laugh.
Then we get to the Butte (why is it always THE Butte, and not just Butte?) and can't find the parking lot for the Butte. Then we do.
Also, it's funny how The Butte refers to two different things.

The smallest bill we had was a $5, so I put that in, and we started hiking. And man, it was INTENSE.

Ha.

"You can climb it in like 15 minutes."

"You're doing it Peter, you're doing it."

We made it to the top, with like 1000000 stops along the way. To enjoy the scenery. Cough Cough. Riiiiiight.

Well, we made it to the top, and there was like a million people up there. We saw two. Then one. Then a bajillion. We took exciting pictures at the top. Of hair blowing in the wind, and jumping, and me being a bear, and sitting angrily in flowers, and making grass angels.

Oh, and we frolicked. We wished Jade was there to frolic with us.

It was Peter Pan Day.
We raced to text Hannah.
And we took the hardest way down the Butte possible. We weren't even on a path most of the time.

Then...we went to V-Ho. My first time since January.
SHE was there... haha.
The mints were no good.

We went to Wal Mart, and I danced across the open spot.
We ran from end to end looking for the craft department.
I saw someone I knew kind of.
And we bought...supplies...

To cause massive destruction.
But not.
At all.

So there.

My Peter Pan Day.
May it live in infamy.

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

Haha. Trees.

"I like trees!"