11.02.2007

The Older I Get...

This weekend is much appreciated. You have no idea.
It's been a freakishly long week.

I had what could have been a really awkward conversation today but it wasn't.

Being an RA is hard. It's hard not to be involved emotionally in conflicts and such. Especially when you have good advice and they don't take it.

12 Days
12 Days
12 Days

Phew.

12 Days

I can't wait to walk out of security and see my Mom.
I'm going to call her right now.
Yay. I love my mom.
The older I get, the more I appreciate her.
At my meeting with Jessica today, she asked what my favorite thing about myself was. And I seriously could NOT come up with anything. At all. I couldn't think of my favorite thing about myself...or anything I liked about myself at all. Then she asked me what my favorite thing about my Mom was and that was so easy. I love how my Mom is so giving and loving. I love how she cares about my day, how she says that when I go to school, one of the things she misses most is how I can't tell her everything about my day. I love how she balances out my Dad and how she just LOVES.

Those are my favorite things about my Mom.

But what ARE my favorite things about myself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, here are MY favorite things about you:
You are so genuinely beautiful and you are so kind. You have a giving spirit and you have a heart to reach the people. You want to help people and you make people smile. You are light to be around and that is a blessing. If I have a problem, you listen and help the best way you know how. You have been there through everything for me and even when I gave up you didn't. There are so many things I could list about you that are a blessing... I love you.

Melissa Joy said...

:) Thanks, Han. Those mean a lot, knowing you appreciate and see those things in me.
Love you too.