11.08.2008

Romans 12.

Well, shoot.
Go figure.
The moment I open a Bible study, God is all, "WAKE UP!! Where have you BEEN???"

Where have I been?
More like, what have I been.
I have been ANGRY. At... everything. The world. Friends. Loved ones. School. Myself. Life.

So I opened our Sunday School Lesson, Lifeway's Life Matters, and part of it said, "Our role is - and always will be - to choose good. We should choose good and love over vengeance. Do good to those who don't deserve it. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt you. Always seek to help and lift up those who are down. After all, isn't that what He did for you? We certainly do not deserve God's love or His salvation, so how can we not 'choose good' whenever there is a choice to make?"

And the scripture reference was Romans 12:14-21. I won't type it all, because it is long, but it's good. ROmans 12:1-2 says, "Therefore, my brethren, in view of God's mercy, offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. THIS is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

I need to begin worshiping God in my spirit... in my mind... rather than letting Him fall to the wayside. I need to let Him control my mind and emotions, rather than the circumstances and environment around me... rather than myself.

So much easier said than done.

It's a freaking good thing Jesus Christ already conquered the world.

No comments: