12.28.2008

25 Random Things About Me.

1. I felt more at home in Africa than at OBU.
2. I don't think I'm very good at making really close friends. I only know about 7 people that I would feel comfortable calling in the middle of the night with a problem, and two of those people are my parents.
3. My music taste varies greatly, depending on my mood, but I always like music with a good beat.
4. I only watch movies if I know - or there is a good chance - that the main characters will fall in love in the end. If they don't, the movie is no good, regardless of the rest of the story or artistic elements.
5. My favorite purchases this last semester were wind-up sushi and a blue and white striped button up long sleeve tee.
6. Art.... love it. Makes my heart, mind, soul, and life so much happier. I love taking raw materials and creating stuff.
7. My favorite number is 7.
8. Luke is my favorite Gospel.
9. Being an RA is such a challenge and sometimes I don't think I'm up to it. But then I'll have that moment with a resident, whether it's just passing them in the hall, or watching the History Channel for like 6 hours, and that moment makes the whole thing worth it.
10. I'm pretty good at the game Khet. It's like chess...with lasers and mirrors.
11. I love being home in Alaska... in our messy, random-filled, comfortable, keep-your-shoes-on-at-the-door, constantly-being-remodeled house.
12. I like to take boring situations and make them...not boring. And apparently I have a knack for it.
13. Birthdays are VERY important to me. At home, we have a special tablecloth that we use on people's birthdays, and a place mat for the birthday person, and a banner, and the birthday person gets to pick whatever they want for dinner. And no matter what, it's okay because you can always say, "It's my Birthday!!"
14. Present shopping is a very personal thing for me. I don't like to go with other people and I don't like being rushed. I love giving people presents and seeing their surprised and gleeful faces when they open it, knowing that they love it.
15. I seek affirmation, sometimes in the wrong places.
16. I wouldn't trade growing up in Alaska for anything. I love knowing how to shoot a machine gun, change a tire, and dress for -20 weather. I love being able to tell when it's safe to drive on ice and how harsh of a winter we'll have by the height of weeds. I love knowing what Studded Tires are and I love that we get paid for living there. I love having moose walk through my backyard. And I love the V-Ho.
17. It's a challenge for me to allow Jesus to be my Romancer.
18. I didn't get my first kiss until age 18.
19. I like to drive and my goal next semester is to road trip to Louisiana. With someone. Anyone. Preferably some random person I don't know that well.
20. As a baby, I sucked on my middle finger and ring finger rather than on my thumb.
21. My favorite stuffed animal, Snuggle Bear, was locked in Hannah's storage for 6 or 7 years while she lived in Germany and Australia. When Snuggle Bear and I were finally reunited, I cried.
22. Sometimes I drool in my sleep.
23. Little dogs annoy the crap out of me. A dog needs to be big and scary, but also cuddly and active. When it barks, it needs to be intimidating, not ear-splitting.
24. Green is my favorite color.
25. I like to cook - not bake - because seeing how the random raw ingredients combine to make a delectable dish is awe-inspiring. Like, taking shrimp and jalapeno peppers and cumin and limes and mixing it all up... soo good.

1 comment:

taylor said...

i sucked on my middle and ring fingers as a kid too!