3.10.2009

Thoughts And Sick Boys.

My boy is sick. And though his deep, gravelly voice is a little bit sexy, I'm still sad for him. He hates being sick. So to make him feel better, tonight I cooked dinner for us: tomato soup, grilled meat and cheese sandwiches, and carrots. He provided the drinks (orange juice for him, chocolate milk for me) and some cheddar cheese Sun Chips. Since he's losing his voice, I had to supply all of the conversations.

So I told him about our social studies projects about L.A. and people relationships there. I told him about my dress. I told him about India some more. I discussed spring break, Russell's wedding on Saturday (and whether we were REALLY invited or not), and about a lady's blog I saw the other day that detailed how she plays WOW with her husband all the time. He perked up a bit at that point, and I told him that if he expected me to game all the time with him, I would expect him to paint and do yoga with me all the time. He laughed/wheezed.

And the conversation (though one-sided) was nice, but the comfortable silence was nice, too. I really enjoy just enjoying people. The not talking moments, where we are each lost in thought, and it's completely fine. The comfort in knowing we are accepted as is, that words cannot and will not change that. I love that.

Shaun's thoughts are always really deep – about God's righteousness and grace…things I just kind of accept by faith and move on. He likes to prove things. He likes to debate, to dissect, to interpret. The thought that consumed me all day yesterday was about the Ninja Turtles: were they human-size or legit turtle size? And what about their rat teacher? Was he human-size or rat-size? (The reason I was entertaining such thoughts was because in science, we dissected owl pellets, and were looking for mouse skeletons. Also, the other day, Jenna, Jon and I found a turtle shell on North 40. The two thoughts just kind of combined, I suppose.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy. Very much so. And I love that comfortable silence, it's rare for me with people. I get that with you. :) It's nice.

You're last paragraph makes me laugh. You balance each other out, it's nice. Ha. Theology/Ninja Turtles... both valid- important topics!