3.07.2009

My Little Black Dress.

Today, in the mood for an adventure, I decided to tackle the dilemma of finding my bridesmaid dress for Brad and Paige's wedding.

First stop: Dillards. I looked at a menagerie of dresses, contemplating style and cut. Then I saw this one and, well...



It's just so fun! It made me feel like a 1920s flapper. I couldn't help just shaking what my momma gave me!

But it isn't the dress I bought.

I thought something more sophisticated would be better, and ruffles are always a nice touch, right?



But somehow, it just wasn't right. I felt a little "Mother of the Bride" rather than "Super Hot Bridesmaid."

I alas, I departed from Dillards, and ended up wandering into Maurice's, a store I rarely shop at. But today, this store held a gem:



Oh, how beautiful! The satin ribbon ties around my waist, and the satin trim on the bottom makes it look so classy. I put it on, and man... it's like the world stood still. Check out the back:



In the words of Roy: "So sexy!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, YAY! I was afraid I had missed seeing it cause I disappeared on MSN. YAY. I love it! The first one might be my favorite though, but this one is more "bridemaid" like so yay! Very pretty. I agree with the Roy- sexy!

Melissa Joy said...

haha - the first one was SO much fun! If it had been cheaper, I might have bought it just because. But I really like this one! I'm glad you like it too :)

Addison Degginer said...

ow ow!
:)

Kristina Huling said...

Foxy lady.

I like this one best. Supacute. =)