7.19.2009

Weekend Happies.

Ah, the weekend. Such a wonderful time of friendship, fellowship, and greatness.

I started work on Thursday and find it amusing how the two girls I work with and I don't talk at all.

But Friday. Oh, Friday.
Work, and the Friday Fling with Mom, Carol, and Ismenia. After work, Chris, Cody, Matt, and I beat the Butte, getting to the top in less than 30 minutes. Yes, I almost died. Yes, I was at the back of the pack most of the way. Yes, I drank SO much water that I had to pee twice before the night was over. Yes, I was the only girl, and yes - it was SO much fun. After the Butte (and an intense debate at the top about the effects of gravity on a bullet as it travels up and down), we drove around Palmer for a bit.
And then we "broke" into the playground at the Christian school. They have an ark. We wanted to play in it and we wanted to swing. After I lamented about needing to use a restroom, Chris kindly asked a passer-by where we could find one (he suggested the bar in town) and we walked that way, but then I just stopped at the port-a-potty. Yes, Palmer has them randomly positioned around town.
After a nice restroom break, we were standing in front of the Visitor Center, when who should show up but Liza! It was great! We talked to her for a while, and we made plans to climb Lazy on Tuesday. After she left, we took pictures with Balto, as tradition states. Then we saw... the cones.
Palmer is going through a lot of road construction right now, and orange cones are everywhere. I went and sat in the middle of a cone square, then put one on my head to take a picture. THEN we decided we all wanted to be in a picture with a cone on our head. So we set the camera timer, waited until no cars were around, and ran into the middle of the road to take some pictures. It was AMAZING. SO funny. We have plans to make orange and white shirts and direct traffic. :) We found bigger cones later, and Matt and Chris both tried to get in them (separately) and waddle across the road. It didn't work, but it was funny watching them fall over.

We hung out at the Catholic church on the lawn, with Chris trying to show off and do a flip off of Matt's hands, but never getting the courage to do it, and Cody and I watching and laughing. We played the shoe game. Ha.

Saturday was a chill Mom/Lola/Dad day.

Today I shared my testimony in church. Chris came, which was so nice of him. He ate lunch with us afterwards, and definitely carried his own in the conversation. I introduced him to people at church, and some kept asking me, "Who is that tall, handsome man you're with?"

Oh, gosh.
He's becoming a great friend.

:)

No comments: