8.08.2009

Jealous.

Names are important. Through a name, you learn the very substance that makes something what it is. In India, when we met our translators, we were encouraged to tell them what our names mean. "Melissa" translates to "Honey Bee" in Greek.

God is jealous for me. That's what He said: "I've been jealous for you." Last night I was praying, thinking about this, and turned to my Bible. Exodus. Exodus 34:14 says that God's very name is "Jealous."

His name is Jealous.

Jealous: inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims; solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something; Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry.

Not usually how I view God. And yet... He is. He IS jealous.
Jealous of my time, energy, love, passion.
Jealous to be the One that matters most to me.
Jealous to be my Everything.




Will I keep making Him jealous?

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

I have a song for you. I will email it to you when I get home, it's "How He Loves" by Kim Walker.