9.11.2009

Mind Change.

I remembered tonight why I like OBU. And it really isn't because of OBU. It's because of Mission Center.

Kathleen wasn't at home when we went to her house, but her Mom dropped her and Madison off at the building. When I arrived, Kathleen saw me and literally yelled my name and ran to me. I caught her in my arms, spun her around, gave her a HUGE hug, and talked with her. Oh, that girl... third grade, in the top 5% of the nation. So amazingly sweet, funny, and caring. I love her and will miss her terribly. We even got to talk to her mom for a while.

I just... man.
I got a letter from Sydni today. At the VERY end, she wrote, "'Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.' - Acts 23:11B... Why God has you where He has you!" And I mean, that just hit me.

I may not want to be at OBU. But there is a reason I am: so that I can testify about Him. Who am I, really, to decide where I want to be and when, when the God I serve is so much bigger and greater?!

1 comment:

julieann said...

Oh, Mission Center, how I miss thee! I miss you too Melissa. I think my sister went with yall last night. Please keep talking about mission center so I can keep updated :). I'll have to check w/ Amy and Cassie and everyone about the older girls. I hope your senior year goes well even if you're unsure about OBU right now- you are almost finished!