11.29.2009

Countdown.

Sixteen blessed days from now I will be en route to Alaska. Oh happy, happy day. In honor of those 16 days, here are 16 things I am thankful for:

1. A lovely weekend spent at my grandparent's house in Oregon: "sleeping in" until 8am, the smell, marking my height on the door, sewing.
2. Frequent flier miles.
3. Cell-phones and being able to call people I really care about to talk about nonsensical things.
4. My car. I am SO thankful for my car.
5. Christmas. All of it.
6. Packages in the mail, even if you only get them because you ordered stuff on-line.
7. Christmas music on Pandora, and the ability to skip the Chipmunks songs.
8. Job interview this week. Exciting, but nerve wracking!
9. Visiting my 8th graders this morning, just to take a picture, and seeing their excited reactions when I walked through the door.
10. Skype. I am very thankful for Skype.
11. Really fun shoes that add to my teacher outfits.
12. Being able to run (2.5 miles yesterday. My goal is 4 by the time I come home.)
13. Water. It's yummy.
14. Making plans for when I go home: snow shoeing, poster contest, sister time, shooting, sledding, movies, IHOP...
15. Getting the grade back on my Math Methods PK-3 unit about dinosaurs.
16. The socks my grandma made that I've been wearing lately. So warm and comforting.

No comments: