11.04.2009

Reading Methods Poems.

I wish my laundry was done.
I wish my 8th graders listened better.
I wish I could run further, faster.
I wish I was in Alaska.
I wish I had found dress pants today.
I wish You would just tell me what to do already.
I wish my parents felt better.
I wish I could see my pictures.
I wish my computer wasn't broken.

I wish You would just tell me what to do already
Because then we could stop this guessing game.
I would move in the right direction,
No longer allowing doubt and apprehension to cloud my vision,
Spiderwebs covering a doorway
Blocking your path until you stumble through it.
I would still cling tightly to Your hand, wouldn't I?

Gray is my future, a rain cloud,
And it's pouring on my roof.
But still Your blood pours red;
It encourages me to cling to You.
White was Your smile when I proclaimed,
"I want to know You more."
Your purple robe fills the temple
Where I pour out my perfume for You,
Clear and holy
Given in sacrifice to You.

I feel like trepidation
As I watch You walk in front of me,
Next to me,
Behind me,
All around me.
I hear Your voice beckoning
And it scares me.
Cripples me.
An insect caught in a web.
I taste Your love and
I let it linger on my tongue.
I savor it.
Your goodness and mercy fill my soul.
I feel peace - finally peace -
As I continue to wait for You.

No comments: