2.27.2010

Love.

At what point in a relationship is it acceptable to start thinking about whether or not a future could really be built with that person - a future starting with "I do."? That has been my most common thought of the day.

I have no answer. Not yet anyway. How is it possible to ask those questions while still guarding one's heart? As Kim said, "Why aren't girls just born with the name of their future husband tattooed on their foot?" It would indeed make things much easier.

But probably not as much fun.

I enjoy the guessing, the surprises, the "You-caught-me-off-guard" moments when the world stands still and you think it's just the two of you. I like that. I like the feeling of free-falling into a new relationship, unsure as to how it will turn out, but willing to take the chance anyway.

The chance is usually worth it.

And even if it isn't, the rush of falling is typically acceptable anyway.

No comments: