3.04.2010

Redeemed.

After yesterday, I fleetingly considered changing my major. By 3:45pm, three of my boys had cried and the vice-principal yelled at me in front of my students. I came home completely embarrassed and feeling very violated.

But my Redeemer lives.

I called my Mom and told her all about it and she had the foresight to call my Pastor so that I might be mentioned in the prayer meeting. My Pastor soon called me and I was able to Skype with him, plus 20 or so members of the church whom I love dearly. I was prayed over by them and encouraged greatly to continue on in my work. I am excited for the summer to come, when I will be home worshiping with them again.

Because my Redeemer lives.

My brother and sister-in-law and I also Skyped, which was such a blessing. I will be spending Spring Break with them on the East Coast, road tripping there with my roommate and a friend. Epic and Legitimate.

My Redeemer lives.

Today was better. As I surveyed the cafeteria during lunch duty, I talked to God, praying for the students, marveling at His love for them when I can't stand them right now. He lives. Because He lives, I have hope. Because He lives, I can chase lions into pits on snowy days.

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

That book sounds really interesting. I might have to find myself a copy.