4.14.2010

Ruth.

I have been very bitter and angry, not wanting to take off my mourning clothes and lay at His feet, as Ruth did in the presence of Boaz. I have not been wanting to prepare myself, not wanting to end my pity party, not wanting to seek His guidance, comfort, and peace.

I knew that when I was ready, He was too. I felt Him urging.

Delayed obedience is disobedience. Well, shoot.

Talk about a slap in the face. (This was a good thing; when He gives me it straight, it's always good. It may hurt, but that's why it's good. It's making me more like Him.)

Ruth was a woman - she was probably hesitant to go to Boaz, hesitant to lay at his feet, dressed in her best clothes, under the cover of night. There's always a fear of rejection. But when Boaz realized she was there, he offered ultimate redemption, proclaiming his love and devotion to her.

Man.

"Hanging on to every word You speak because it's all that I need. Hanging on to every word You say to light up my way. Even every little whisper, I'm hanging on as if it were my life. I'm hanging on."

No comments: