9.24.2010

In Honor Of "Love Note Day"...

Dear LORD,

I love You.
I don't say that enough, do I?
And I know I don't show that enough.

I've been thinking, LORD, about what it means to love... what it means to love You. You gave me a definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

So, God, I want to love You like that.

I want to be patient when You tell me to wait for something. Right now that is so difficult - I am home, waiting for something. Help me not be antsy, but to show my love for You by being patient, by waiting for You in Your love.

God, I want to be kind to you, not always angry about some injustice I feel I am facing. I don't want to be bitter. I want to offer my time to You, to share my pie if You want some, to hold Your hand and just be nice like I am to other people. But You are more important, always.

In that, Father, help me not be jealuos or keep an account of wrongs I think I have suffered. I have been jealous - jealous that others have plans and ambitions and right now I don't and I think YOU have done something to cause it.

You haven't.

Help me remember that.

Lord, I remember now that this world is not about promoting my own Kingdom, but Yours. Help me not seek my own so that I can show my love for You.

Well, Abba, this isn't going how I wanted it to. It seems to be a letter about how I've failed You more than how I love You. Sorry. Please, forgive me for my failures. Forgive me for not loving as I should, for not being obedient to the call You have given me.

Thank You for pursuing me. Sleeping in, the messages on the radio, last night's sunset, today's desire of my heart, being intentional about Your pursuit. Thank You. Thank You for Your kindness and for not keeping records of my wrongs. All the ways I want to love You? You show me the perfect example everyday in my life.

Thank You that next week, my parents are celebrating 30 years of marriage. God, that is such a blessing to me, such an encouragement that one day, according to Your will, I will have a relationship like that too. Give me patience to hold out for it, to anticipate it but to be patient now, too.

Lord, You amaze me. You're amazing. Beautiful. Kind. Generous. All-knowing and all-powerful. You bless, You provide, You guide, You guard. You are.

More than anything, Abba Father, You are.

Jehovah.

Love,
Melissa

No comments: