1.08.2011

New Year!

I'll be honest - the last 6 months sucked. A lot.

If I could sum up 2010 in five words they would be:
hard.
tumultuous.
growing.
frustrating.
change.

Last night was fun. Our "first date" in a way. We got my new Coach bag - green leather, super cute. And we had sushi, then a McDonald's stop, then Cold Stone.

I am becoming more aware of what is important to me, the priorities in my life. I really like my job, being in a school again, getting to dress like a teacher, having kids recognize me.

"Where did you get your glasses?"
"The eye doctor."
[blank look]

I am starting to talk to other staff and faculty more, and that's pleasant. I am seeing my need for relationships, how I miss having close friends who value the same things as me. My parents are a blessing. I work with the Mom of a student with whom I graduated from high school. How funny. She was quite popular at Colony and is now a hairdresser. Seems odd, like she should have done something really exciting. But no. She cuts and colors hair. I hope she likes it.

It makes me wonder what people think of me, and where I am, and what I am doing.

Zumba this morning was nice. It was my first Saturday class in a while. Chris got a membership to AT&T so we've been going together to work out sometimes. I had a fun afternoon with my Mom. And tonight, pizza with Chris and his parents.

How can I be a blessing to my parents? to my friends? to my students?

No comments: