2.27.2011

I Will Let God Write My Story.

That was the theme for the GA Lock-In this weekend. I WILL let God write my story. It's kind of a hard concept for 1st through 6th grade girls to grasp. But man, I sure learned a lot. When He spoke through me, He captured my heart more than anyone's.

Mary, Jesus' mother, did NOT plan on getting pregnant out of wedlock, becoming the mother of the Savior of the World, and seeing Him murdered on a cross. God intervened in a big way, changing... everything. But Mary's attitude is what surprised me the most. She went from, "Are you sure you have the right person?" flabbergasted to, "Okay, Lord, I am Your servant" acceptance, to "I am SO blessed!" excitement and worship.

WORSHIP. God changed everything and she worshipped.

I do not have that kind of reaction when God changes my plans. I usually get angry, like "How DARE You change my plans, God!" I can't believe my attitude sometimes. But because of Mary's humble acceptance and obedience, the whole world was blessed. I will never be involved of the birth of the Savior, but He does have a divine purpose for MY life, too. Do I miss that divine purpose when I foolishly follow my will rather than His?

God does have a better plan for my life than I do. In every area of my life. Where I will live. What I will do. Who I will marry. What car I will drive. Everything is better when He is in control. After all, Jesus came that I would have abundant life, not just an average life. I can trust Him. I really really can.

But already that is being tested. He has already rewritten my plan this weekend and already I am called to trust Him again, to follow Him, to put my heart and rust in Him alone.

When God and I don't talk for hours, how do I feel?
Do I have good communication skills with my Lord?
Do we spend a lot of time together? Or is it just face-time work?

No matter how hard it is, I will let God write my story. Especially if I want an "And they lived happily ever after; Great job, good and faithful servant!" at the end of it.

No comments: