10.11.2011

Tuesday Tribute.

Day with my Dad.

Well, afternoon with my Dad. We don't do that often. I don't know why not. Just busy, I guess.

I had a consultation in Anchorage for a surgery I am having done next month. He went in with me to talk to the surgeon also. On the way in, I asked him about what kind of guy he thought I'd end up marrying... and it was really interesting to hear his thoughts. Apparently he and my mom talked about it recently. He talked about (according to him) how old he think the guy will be, what his personality will be like, how he should be taller than Brad and Jeff so that he's not intimidated... how he'll want to do missions and will be outgoing. Really cool.

We got there WAY early, so we went to the mall :) He bought Mom a birthday card, and I bought shoes, and he bought a calendar. Ha.

The consult itself was fine - they couldn't find my video/X-Rays, but assured me they would look at them before the surgery. Phew, right?!

Icecream, pepperoni sticks, and a gun store on the way home - that's how we roll.

So thankful for my Dad, who can communicate his favorite thing about my Mom, who clearly loves me and wants the best for me, who speaks truth and encouragement into my life.

No comments: