11.24.2011

Thanksgiving.

Happy, happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for my family at large. Last year, I was in Oregon for Thanksgiving with my grandparents. That was so delightful. Grandma and I baked and made candy and since my half birthday occurred while I was there, we had a half birthday cake. It was my first ever Thanksgiving with my Grandparents.

I'm thankful for how the Lord captivates my heart. I'm listening to "Captivated" by Shawn McDonald right now.

I'm thankful for the job I have, for the friends I have made at work, for having a Bro and for being able to walk through IT and say hi to everyone in that department a few times a day. I'm thankful that I got to eat lunch with them. I am thankful for the insurance I have because next week I am: 1. Getting an eye exam done. 2. Getting braces put on. 3. Having oral surgery.

I'm thankful for my GAs and Church Family. I have TWENTY GAs - Twenty first through sixth graders that I get to hang out with and love on every week. I praise God for them, for the influence I can have in their lives. It is scary and intimidating sometimes - but I love them.

I'm thankful for the last couple weeks of house-sitting, for dogs that sleep with me (and eat my face off when they're hungry in the morning). I'm thankful for the warm, comfy bed I'm sitting in now as I listen to K-Love Radio. I'm thankful that in a few minutes, I will get ready and go home to help make fudge before joining friends for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Prase God - He alone deserves it.

No comments: