1.26.2012

Three Messages Left On My Phone Today From A First Grader.

“Hello, uh, teacher, I just wanted to say about, uh the lock-in, um, do we have to bring medicine because I don’t have to bring medicine and I just wanted to talk to you about the lock-in, but you can call me back. Ye-Yeah, Yeah see, I can, can you, you can call me back when I’m, because see my, my sisters are going to like gymnastics and we like doing that, we have, they’re just going to gymnastics and then I’m going to stay here and you can just call me when you get back from school like the, I mean, like, work, um, yeah I mean you can call me back about the lock in I just wanted to talk to you about the lock in because, because its like, um, I don’t, I don’t, I don’t know when, I don’t know when it is so uh you can like call me back, it’s ---------------- ------------ so just as you know and I don’t know where the lock, when the lock in is, so you can like call me back if you can and I don’t know what my phone number is but um I hope you know and… I don’t, I just don’t know when the lock in is and the uh, somebody and uh someone scribbled on the paper and I can’t see what, what numbers I have and, but the only thing I can see is my words and your, your phone number so I called you and said, um, you know, I wanted to see how the lock-in was and I wanted to, I just wanted to see when the lock-in is going to start and the derby race because this is my first time – this is the first time I’ve had a derby race and I don’t know how to make them and I was hoping you could help me if you want because this is my first time I’ve had a derby race and you can help some other people if it’s their first derby race, you know. I just wanted to see how the lock-in is going to go first because maybe I’m not going to be there because maybe it’s going to be on Saturday or Sunday or Monday or Tuesday because I have to go to school on Tuesday and I have to go to gymnastics on Tuesday but I can cancel that. So, just call me back if the lock-in is um, this week, or next week, or February, January, whatever. Just call me so I know and I’ll tell my mom about it and because I’m…”

“I’m so so, I’m so sorry, Ms. Melissa, my phone isn’t really working really right and I just wanted to talk to you. I am so sorry about this. I’m like my phone is not working and something happened to it, the phone, um (crying in background) I’m sorry, I can’t get to the phone right now….”

“I am SO SORRY, Ms. Melissa! This phone is not working and I tried two of your numbers and now I, and so now my sister knocked over the thing but we’re not gonna do that right now. I’m so sorry. I just wanted to tell you, when is the lock-in? You can call me back at 6:00pm or 7:00pm or… whenever, but you can leave me a message if you can cuz I’m, I’m going to be here and my sisters are going to, to not be here. And so. I’m so sorry, Ms. Melissa. (Small child talking in the background, asking for gum: “------------- can I have a piece of gum, please?”)… Nope. And um, I am so sorry. I just want to tell you, when is the lock-in and the derby race cuz this is my first time and my derby race, I just told you that, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I just disturbed you cuz there’ s going to be three messages since I’m so sorry. I would have called you for the first time. Call me at 6:00pm if you’re home by then…”




Note: The post below is my Mom's response to these (totally real, absolutely transcribed straight from the answering machine) messages. Please read it. You'll love it.

No comments: