4.14.2006

Godly Examples

Happy Good Friday!

Tonight we (as in, my Sunday School class) are watching The Passion of the Christ and I think it will be really cool. I just hope (and pray) that I'm able to focus on what God did for me. What Jesus did for me. I don't think it will be hard with that movie, but I'm prepared.

Note to self: Take off mascara before going to Ms. Mindy's to watch movie

I realized the other day, as I was writing a fantastic 9 page letter to Sydni to go in her box, that I really really miss her. Like, a lot. I miss going to the skate park with her, and trying on outfits at the mall. I miss watching lame movies late at night with her. I miss just talking to her, about boys and God and the Bible and friends. I saw someone in our church parking lot the other Sunday, and I swear I thought it was her. I got so excited and almost called out her name, but I'm glad I didn't because it wasn't her. She was such a great friend. I totally looked up to her, even though she was younger than me, because she was totally comfortable with who she was. And I think - I know - she totally looked up to me too, which is a total compliment.

Now Carli is like the next Sydni. Which is cool. It's different because Sydni is only like 4 years younger than me, but Carli is 7 years younger than me. I think young girls, like Carli and Sydni's ages, and everyone, really, needs an older Christian girl to look up to. Someone who has their act together, or tries to anyway, and really wants to follow God. I wish I had had that. But I didn't. So I want to be that for other girls.

I guess Ms. Mindy is kind of that for me. I look up to her A LOT. She's such a godly woman, but she isn't scared to admit the times she has messed up, and she knows how to apply lessons from her life to our Sunday School lesson, and whenever I'm just talking to her.

No comments: