5.08.2006

I Love It.

Church yesterday was perfect. Exactly what I needed. In the morning service, in Sunday School, AND in the evening service.

The morning was about how to fear God, and how even if things go wrong, it doesn't mean that God has forsaken me. Which is what I needed to know. So I went up and prayed during the invitation, and I don't really like doing that, which is dumb, but I did. So I'm up there praying, and I confessed the sins that were holding me back, and asked for forgiveness, and it was good. So then I get right with God, and go sit down, and I'm totally tearing up, because I realize what has been going on in my life. Plus, I always cry when I'm at the alter. So I go back to my seat, and Mom says, "Melissa, is everything okay?" And I said yeah. Because for the first time in a week, everything WAS okay.

In Sunday School, Ms. Mindy talked about where our faith is: In Who God is, or what He does. And I was completely convicted. My faith isn't in who God is, but in what He does. Because I realized that whenever things don't go the way I want them to, my faith completely falters. And how lame is that?

Sunday night was awesome, too. Pastor Tom preached about how it's okay to pray for stuff for ourselves, and how we need to ask God for the "impossible", or what seems impossible to us, because He wants to answer our prayers. And I think I've almost been scared to really ask Him for college money, because I know there are lots of other things in this world that are "more important"than money for college. But God is in love with me, and my heart's needs, and my physical needs, are as important to Him as AIDS in Africa.

So I forgot my pride. And I prayed. Really really prayed, and told Him my greatest need. And then I praised Him for answering it, even though I haven't seen it yet.

I love how God always knows just what I need.

No comments: