1.29.2007

Becoming Who He Wants Me To Be.

Something that I hate is when people aren't comfortable with who they are. I hate when they complain and moan about what they wish they could change. And I mean, okay, I know I do that too, sometims. But I've been trying to stop.

But it's like, God - GOD!!!! - made us. The same God who carved the rivers with His finger and painted the stripes on bumble bees and breathed across the waters...that same God made me. He handpicked my hair color and chose my eye color out of a palette I can't even dream of. He formed my fingers and molded my nose. He had me in His vision before Adam and Eve were created.

And no one remembers that that often.

People complain about their eyes...their hair...their height and weight and pants size.

Everyone worries about their outer appearance, but they don't seem to care about the state of their heart or their mind. They don't care about being pure...about waiting for that special person that God made with them in mind. They spend hours putting on make up and fixing their hair and worrying about clothes, then never pray or spend time with God.

I'm guilty of that. I've been thinking lately about how I spend my time. I mean, God gave me my time here on earth. Am I using it to bring Him glory? Or am I using it to bring myself glory? I'm going to stand before God one day. What is He doing to say to me?
"Well, A for effort... but you could have done WAY better."
or
"If only you had asked Me for help..."
or
"Well done, good and faithful servant."

Really, I think God's putting me in the place where all I want to do is bring Him glory. No matter what. I'm not quite there...but I'm getting there...slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Well done, good and faithful servant."

That is what I would think God would say to you. I look at your life and think you are an amazing example...

I love you.