4.30.2007

Zephaniah 3:17

So I think I have a theme for my hall for next year.

I'm going to do a music theme.
Which, okay, if you knew me, you would be surprised.
I am not all that musically inclined. I can play the guitar, fairly decently, and played the clarinet from 5th grade to 9th grade. I can't really sing, but I love listening to music.

God has really been speaking to me about Zephaniah 3:17 lately, which says:
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

I love - LOVE - the part about how He will rejoice over me with singing.

So I've been thinking.
What does God want to sing over me?
What song does He have for me?
Is it about beauty?
purity?
following Him?
patience?
understanding?
What does the song sound like?
Is it stuff you hear everyday...
Like laughter?
birds chirping?
hearing "I love you"?
people praising Him?
a kind word?
What does it feel like to have God sing over you?
A warm hug?
Somone holding your hand?
That feeling in your stomach that's like a thousand butterflies?
Running until you're utterly exhausted?
Drinking steamers?
Laying down to sleep at night?

I think this is something I want to teach my girls about next year - How God is their savior, One who takes GREAT delight in them, one who quiets them and sings over them.

I get the image of a baby who cries in the middle of the night, so the mom or dad wakes up and gets him or her out of the cradle, and just rocks him or her in their arms and sings a lullaby to the child.
That's what God does.
That's what He wants to do.

So what song does He have for me?
Will I ever learn it?

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

You're a great leader Melissa. They girls in your hall will be lucky to have you. <3