10.01.2007

The Perils Of Mission Center.

So, MIssion Center Friday night...

SO GOOD.

When we picked up Kathleen, she had just gotten up from a nap, so I started carrying her. Like 15 minutes into me carrying her, Amy says, "Kathleen, you have something in your hair..." and she goes to pull it out, but it won't come out. And Amy turns to me and says, "Melissa, I think she has lice."

So then, later, we're at Mission Center, and this little girl is sitting on my lap, and she stands up...and there are two wet spots on my lap. She PEED in my lap. No joke. SO GROSS.

But then...Amanda came in and said, "Melissa, Tink is here and she's looking for you!" So I run outside and Tink sees me, and she runs up and gives me a huge hug, and it was so cool. She hadn't been at her house when we stopped by, but she had come to the mission and...it was just cool. We hung out the rest of the night, just talking and such. It was SO good. Then we walked her home and talked to her outside her house for a while.

And I don't know, but I can't explain how much it meant to have her be so excited to see me.

So we get back to Shawnee after Mission Center and Laura, Shaun and I go to Walmart and I buy lice shampoo and wash my hair, and have people check my scalp, and so far everything is good. Then today I went to the nurse and she looked all over my head and said that my hair is beautiful and my scalp looks amazing and there is NO way I have lice. Yay!

No comments: