3.06.2008

Just Beyond The Riverbend.

I don't know what's around the river bend.

There have been "complications" with my South Africa application. I was so sure that that was what God wanted me to do this summer... but now I don't know.

I was so sure that I should be in WMU again as an RA next year. But now they are closing WMU for renovations, and I will be an RA in Kerr.

I wish I knew what was to come:
This spring break
This summer
The rest of my life.

It scares me not to know what's up.

I mean, I can't swim by myself, and what if the water around the riverbend is deep? What if there are sharp jagged rocks, and eels and sharks that will nibble at my toes? What if I get caught in the sea-weed and drown? What if I get caught in a whirlpool and just go round and round and round with no hope of getting free?

And what if, through it all, God just sits on the riverbend, watching, not helping, even when I call to Him? What if He leaves me to falter in the water by myself?

I know that in my past, God has never failed me. He is always there. And since God never changes, I know that He will be there for me tomorrow... over spring break... this summer.

So that what am I scared of?
Why am I worried?

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

God can help you swim through jello and He'll help you swim through the big things too. =)