3.20.2008

Yesterday, At The Denver Airport.

Yesterday, at the Denver airport, a foreign man told me that he liked the part in my hair.

He was in his twenties, probably about 25, and was from Portugal or Spain, I think. I was sitting on Shaun's duffel bag (which I nabbed to take with me) about 4 feet away from him, and all of a sudden he stood up and was like, "I jflslikehus the hryaparthi lkfinfj bvwyourhvy bayhairnjve." And I said, "Pardon me?" And he said, "I like the part in your hair." Then he smiled, nodded, and walked away. And I laughed.

Yesterday, at the Denver airport, I saw a man pick a wedgie.

He was in his forties, standing with four or five other men. He appeared to be a type that plays golf. He had on khaki shorts. I turned to the side (to the left really) and he was about two feet away from me. I glanced up, and he picked a wedgie. Right there. Right in my face. Oh gosh.

Yesterday, at the Denver airport, I realized that no one in the state of Colorado believes in Starbucks.

I walked all over the airport, with a green backpack on my back (where it belongs) and Shaun's duffel bag in my hands. And as I walked, I kept my eyes peeled... and there was no Starbucks anywhere. ANYWHERE. I just wanted a nice iced coffee and a bagel. And I got nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it a special part in your hair, or just a normal part in your hair?

Was there any coffee places? Or just no Starbucks... I mean, it's shocking either way... but... WHOA.

:)

Melissa Joy said...

It was just a normal hair part, which makes it REALLY funny.
And there were other coffee places but they weren't as fun.

The General Lee said...

There are five starbucks within a 10 minute walk of my apartment.