4.30.2008

Lead Me To The Cross.

I've been thinking a lot about what it means to deny myself, take up my cross, and follow Jesus.

The other night, after Laura's championship intramural softball game, I sat in front of the cross by the chapel, and prayed. And the verse on the cross is the one where God commands us to take up our crosses. So I was thinking about it.

And later that night, during my quiet time, I was thinking more. And God told me something. Will get to that later.

I remember being in North Carolina, carrying the cross out of the chapel. And the cross...it was awkward and heavy and hard to carry. It was not a walk in a park. And it would have been next to impossible to carry anything else at the same time.

So God told me that there is no way I can carry His cross and the things in my life that are weighing me down. So then I started thinking about how I either have to deny and drop the things that matter to me, or I have to deny and drop the cross. One of them has to go. There is no room in my life for both... there is no room in my hands and heart for both.

So at Bible study tonight, that's what we talked about... and we took a fieldtrip to the cross. And... I don't know. I think it was good.

For me at least.

No comments: