6.23.2008

Burners.

I've shafted God from the number one place in my life. And I don't know how to give it back to Him.

Paul writes in Philippians 3:8-9 (The Message)
"Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant - dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by Him. I don't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ - God's righteousness."

Do I really consider it a high privilege to know Christ? Like, really?

Honestly, I don't.

So often He gets pushed to the back burner as I focus on other relationships, my job, my dreams, my hopes for the future. And so often, He never gets put on the front burner again. I don't have that passion that Paul had.

I feel like on the outside, I'm a great Christian girl. And on the inside, I'm falling apart.

No comments: