8.15.2008

Flying "Home".

Well, I am at the airport now, in Chicago. And first of all, this airport is huge. I had to HIKE across it to get to gate F2C. Yes, that’s right. There’s an F2A, an F2B, an F2C, AND an F2D. Ridiculous.

I wasn’t even supposed to leave home until about right now, but Mom found another itinerary, and I was able to fly out last night. I didn’t sleep at all on the plane, but that’s okay I guess. I was seated in the window seat of an emergency exit aisle, and needless to say, I was freezing cold.

I see Shaun in… less than 4 hours. I’m just a little bit excited. Well, I give in. I’m a LOT excited.

I enjoy people watching. The pilot sitting across from me has a “Jet Fuel Only” sticker on his suitcase. I saw a kid that reminded me a lot of what I think a younger Shaun would have been like. It’s funny, the kind of people that drink Starbucks: businessmen, old men that carry hiking packs, girls like me…funny. I guess coffee is a universal thing. I have my Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte sitting next to me. We are friends.

My battery will not last much longer. When I get to Shaun’s house (YAY!!!!!!!!!!) I will plug it in and post this on-line. As it is, I am typing it on Word right now because I can’t log in to the internet.

It was a bit tragic flying out of Alaska last night. The mountains, the trees, the lakes… all so beautiful. But then I remember that I have some awesome pictures of those things and it makes it all a little bit easier to deal with. That, and Hannah might come visit me… and that’s really exciting.

Addi got an apartment on campus. I’ll admit. I’m a little jealous. I’m currently dealing with the whole “I don’t want to be an RA again” thing. When the time comes, it will be fine… but until then? I want an apartment. I want to NOT eat in the ARA. I want, I want, I want.

{Newsflash, Melissa… it doesn’t matter what you want. The world does not revolve around you.}

My tummy hurts a little. I think the combination of grapes and coffee does not settle well with me. At all.

But I’m flying in a skirt today, which is something I’ve always wanted to do, and it’s fun. I don’t know that people look at me or treat me differently, but it’s still like “Ha, I’m in a skirt!”

Kind of like how on Wednesday, Hannah and I had an Enchanted party, and we put on fancy dresses to watch it. We both wore our senior year prom dresses. And I wore a sweater with mine. It was an homage to… well, I don’t know what to, but something. Anyway, it was fun. Then I told my Dad about it later, and he said we were dorks. At least we were pretty dorks. In our prom dresses. Watching a Disney movie about True Love’s Kiss. I know you are jealous, but green is not a good color for you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

you can come over anytime you want I eat non-ARA food. it will be fun.
I love you.
and miss you terribly.

Anonymous said...

I love that we are dorks together. Ha.

If/when I come see you I will be so freaking pumped. But I just need to find the time, ya know?! :) Some that works for me, Colorado, and you.

Melissa Joy said...

Hannie, ANYTIME works for me - you know that.

And Addi, I am SO taking you up on that whole "Non-ARA food" deal. And weekly coffee dates, right?