8.29.2008

For Hannah.



This is the story of a girl.

She hid her heart in Christ, and kept it there, locked away in a secret place. She knew that the greatest love of all was hers... and because of that, she made standards and kept them.

Many men lined up to date her. They brought her flowers, their love, romantic poems... but none of them had the qualities that she desired and needed. None were able to climb the ladder to reach her heart that was so well hidden in the Lord.

But the girl had a light - the Holy Spirit - that was there to help her. The light shone on whichever man was worthy of her love. And it rested on one man only. When that light - the light of love for and in the Lord - appeared, the girl knew that that was the man ordained for her.

Only he was able to climb the ladder, to search the Lord for the girl's heart. And only when he sought the Lord did he receive her love in return.

Here I am, humbled by the love that You give; forgiven so that I can forgive…
Now I know the greatest love of all is mine
Since You laid down Your life, the greatest sacrifice…
Majesty, majesty, Your grace has found me just as I am -
Empty-handed but alive in Your hands…
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.
I'm so grateful/blessed/honored to have you as a friend.
I love you.
Thank you.

Melissa Joy said...

I love you too, Han.
And I miss you. Lots.