8.17.2008

Running.

I have a new hero. Or rather, a role model.

Her name is Shelly-Ann Frazer and she is from Jamaica. And if you watched the woman's 100 meter race tonight at the Olympics, you know who she is.

She won.

But that's not necessarily why I liked her. I liked her because this was her first big race. She was the one that NO ONE expected anything from. But she went out and did her thing. And she got a gold medal for it. Seeing her face at the end of the race was brilliant. She kept jumping around and smiling, and you could tell that it was so important to her.

And she has braces, and that makes me happy. And she's only 21.

I haven't gone running, or worked out at all, in like a week and a half. And I can tell. My body doesn't like it. Already I don't feel as toned or fit as I had become. And I am more tired than before. But this week is crazy. I don't know when I can find time to do it. And I don't like that either. But I know that when I reach the end of my 5K, which is taking place in almost one month, I will be just as excited at Shelly-Ann Frazer was tonight. The look on my face will be an exact mirror of the look on her face.

Tomorrow we are going on the annual RA retreat. We have 3 or 4 hours of free time in the afternoon. I think I'll go running. I already packed some shorts and my outdoor running shoes.

But now, I am utterly exhausted. So sleep is coming quickly...
As is morning.

OHH! But I wore my tie-dye shirt that I Made with Cody today. And got tons of compliments on it. Well, like 5. But still! Fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 is tons of compliments! Yay tie dye.

I love who you are and who you've become.