9.03.2008

Middle School.

Middle School.

Oh, the glorious days of wearing gray sweatpants and tan over-sized shirts, passing notes in band, and hanging out with the ELP kids. I tried to block most of it out, not because it was bad, but just because it was... eh.

But today I had to write a middle school memory, and floods of occurrences just came rushing back to me. So I wrote them all down on my calendar, and decided to commemorate my high school years here forever. So, without further ado...

My List of Middle School Memories.

- Breaking my reed during the band concert and having to leave to get a new one, then Dylan telling on me and Brittany for talking during the concert. Gosh, I was mad at him.
- In 6th grade, going with Cody, Matt, and Caitlyn to get fish on base for the ELP fish tank. We didn't talk the whole way in, then on the way back, we played the alphabet game. Then Caitlyn and I had nothing to do with the fish the rest of the year.
- I made a lot of websites, and somehow ended up teaching a class to younger kids about how to make their own website.
- Going to Kachemak Bay.
- Winning 2nd place in the 8th grade speech competition.
- Reading days in the library, and spending all semester on ONE book. My teacher was not impressed, even though the book I was reading was called "How to Win Children to Christ". The only time I ever read it was when we went to the library. It was boring, but now I wish I had paid better attention to it.
- Playing Truth or Dare at Sabrina's house.
- Doing the project about stars with Jade and another girl at Glacier View.
- Writing a story about Martha Stewart in 8th grade English.
- Having to recite song lyrics as poetry in 8th grade English, and Cody getting the best grade in the class, even though he messed up a lot. Dang.
- In venting animals in 8th grade science. I hated that project.
- Getting a perfect score on the 8th grade English standardized test, and no one telling me until I got my results, even though my parents, teachers, and principal all knew.
- Going to Germany and New York.
- Honor Band trips to Palmer High School.
- Talking to the Principal in 7th grade about having a lock down plan in case a Columbine shooting happened at our school... and crying throughout the entire hour-long interview.
- Interviewing the principal in 8th grade (Mr. Miller) and reading his favorite book about golf. Again, I wish I had paid better attention to it.
- 9/11 and the 7th grade scrapbook about it.
- Hannah visiting me.
- Walking into the bathroom one time during lunch in 8th grade and seeing Allie and Kelsey in there hiding the fact that they were eating a brownie.
- Middle School Dances... ha. I wore a skirt to the last one. It was black. I remember being really scared to ask my mom, the one day we were driving home from dance class, and a song came on the radio that was about missing the dance, and I told her I didn't want to miss the dance, and could I please go? She said yes. And I remember Brad picking me up from a dance, and he sneaked inside the commons to look at the sound equipment the DJ used.
- Someone had a crush on Gabe, and we spent one social/dance trying to get near him so he would ask her to dance. Was it Liza? I don't remember.
- Spraining my finger during volleyball one day in 7th grade and getting out of PE for a semester. I ended up being an aid to my teachers.
- Carmen called me Mel-Issa.

Hm. Funny.

2 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

gah middle school.
shoot me in the head.

Anonymous said...

Please don't shoot your friend in the head. That would be messy.

Middle school... wow. Isn't it amazing how long ago that was now? Good times. Good times.