10.21.2008

I Just Want To Be Free

Back at school now. Only about a month until Thanksgiving Break, then another month until Christmas Break. Still don't know what I'm going to do for those breaks.

I'm listening to "Folk-y" music, which is fun. I'm in a kind of folk mood. I like it. But now I just changed to Vanessa Hudgens. Ha.

I got a fun piece of mail today from the nurses at the emergency room. They wrote me a card hoping that I am feeling better. That made me really happy. I mean, wow. They wrote me a get well card. Awesome. I'm going to hang it on my wall just because it makes me laugh. I checked my mail and thought it was a bill, and was like, "Great." But then it wasn't!!

I read a book over the weekend called "How Full Is Your Bucket?" and it got me thinking a lot about my attitudes and how I view life and myself…Particularly myself, which is interesting, because the book is all about relating to other people. Due to various conversations that occurred this weekend, I spent a lot of time just thinking and trying to believe God's promises in His word, but struggling with it.

I'm going to work out tonight after dinner, for the first time in… a long time… besides the Wii Fit this weekend. I'm looking forward to a nice run… on the treadmill or on the track, I'm not sure yet. It doesn't really matter.

I'm also thinking about my major, and considering double majoring in Early Childhood Education. I am a little behind in my classes right now, credit wise, meaning I have to take like 17 credits a semester to graduate on time. And adding another major will make that even more difficult. However, I can take one or two J-Term classes and maybe an on-line summer class.

Really, I can't believe I have one more year after this one. Junior? What? How? Where did the time go? I am almost done. Then what?

  • Marriage? We've talked about it.
  • Grad School? Yes please – sometime. I at least want to earn my Masters, then maybe a Doctorate so I can teach others how to teach. (I vow not to teach from a textbook.)
  • Work? That's a must, no matter what. Student loans need to be paid back. And bills need to be paid, also. And medical bills, since I am a recently discovered klutz and all.

Where am I going to live? Alaska? Oklahoma? London? Baltimore? Oh, heck! So many choices! The world is open to me… so freeing, but so SCARY!

Alas. I have class. Then dinner. Then the RAWC and I have a date. Then flag football (I'm watching, not playing). Then Mission Center. Phew. I love it.

No comments: