10.23.2008

Oh Oh My Love.

I ate lunch with a good friend yesterday. And it was such a blessing to be able to spend time with her again after not seeing her for a while. God is preparing her for an awesome 11 months, beginning in June, and I am so excited to see what He does in and through her as she travels the world.

Funny that two of my really close friends are traveling the world now or soon, and I have no strong desire to go anywhere right now. I think I want to work at a camp this summer, in Alaska, so that I can go home and be with my friends and family. I've always wanted to. But upon some internet research, I found that like NO camps in Alaska pay their summer staff positions. Working at a camp for half the summer in Washington would be fun, too. I could see Brad and Paige and Jeff and Dayna and Ryan a lot, probably. And fly home after that. It isn't expensive to fly from Washington to Alaska.

I got another American Girl catalog in the mail today and had it in my Principles of Middle School class. All the girls in there were like, "AMERICAN GIRL!" so we passed it around and all looked at it before class started. It was really fun.

My window has a draft in it, so my room is absolutely FREEZING right now.

I talked to a friend last night, and he was really encouraging, which was nice. I like friends like him, who are just like, "Hey, it's okay. I'll come shank them if I need to." He introduced me to a band called Tunng from London. I like them. They're kind of emo/folk.

I'm so grateful for friends like that, and for friends who like music, and for friends who are just themselves. It's freeing.

No comments: