10.30.2008

Trick Or Treat.

It's been one week.

Really? Is that all? Only one week since I last found time to breathe and update this thing? One week? It feels like a million. Every day seems longer than the last. Every hour drags on until I don't know where the time went.

Kerr Trick or Treat is tonight. Every waking moment of the last 5 or 6 days has been spent decorating my hall, occasionally by myself, sometimes with other girls, and once with Shaun. It's so tiring trying to get it to look right. And it's frustrating that some girls don't help at all. I just want to sleep. For a long time. And that is NOT a cry for help.

Sure, it will be worth it when all the kids come and their faces are super excited. Of course it will be worth it. But right now? I'm not feeling it.

They say I'm futuristic, and that my thoughts and dreams of the future are what propel me onwards to do good work. And yet... right now... I'm not futuristic. I'm just sleepy. Two more classes, then Trick or Treat, then work for 3 hours.

Praise Jesus that I don't have science tomorrow morning. What a blessing. I can't wait until tonight, when I can happily crawl into my bed and escape into dreamland.

Speaking of dreamland, I had a weird dream last night. Part of it consisted of my parents and I and a random kid (who was my younger brother??) driving down a road here in Shawnee and stopping at a random hotel. We moved all of our stuff (like 2 bags) into the hotel room, which was at the end of a hall, across from stairs leading to the next level up, and next to a bar/dance room. The room had a bed, a mattress on the floor, and a pile of blankets. We had been evicted from our house and had to move into this hotel. It was so weird. I remember being really sad, but determined.

2 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

you would dream about living in a bar.
:)

Melissa Joy said...

what's THAT supposed to mean? haha