11.04.2008

Love Can Take It.

Ha. I like my neighbor. We laughed for a long time about something completely wrong that should not have been funny... but it made us both feel a lot better about life and where the world is heading.

I know who I'm holding onto, and His name is not Obama.

His name is Yahweh, Jehovah, God-of-the-Angel-Armies, my Provider and my Support. He is my Friend, my Lord, my Savior, my Oxygen. He is my Strength, my Joy, my Hope. He is my All in All, my River of Life, my Love. He is all that is Beautiful in my Life. I turn to Him for wisdom and assurance, for romance and a sense of belonging. I close my eyes and feel Him lovingly stroking my face, rubbing my feet, waiting to pour out peace, hope, and love on me. He is dependable. He is trustworthy.

Oh, let the world crash
Love can take it
Oh, let the world come crashing down
Oh, let the world crash
Love can take it
Love can take a little
Love can give a little more

3 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

wow, that was beautiful.

Addison Degginer said...

okay, so this was so amazing I had to leave two comments.

I love reading who God is to you. It has inspired me to write about who He is to me. Love.

Melissa Joy said...

I like writing about who He is to me. It makes me stop and think about it... about how important He is.

And it makes me want to paint. A lot. But alas, I have no canvases.

Thanks, though, Boo. :)