11.03.2008

Whitlock For President!

(No J-Term for me. They are only offering one 2-credit class that I need, and that is dumb. So I am going to Shaun's for Christmas, then HOME for January. Woo!)

Dr. Whitlock began his first term as OBU President today. A lot of students got T-shirts (myself included) that say "Dave is my Fave!" and have his face on them. So we wore them to meet him at Thurmond Hall when he showed up for his first day in the office.

When we saw him coming down the sidewalk, we all started screaming and clapping for him. It was cool. Then he said something about how touched and excited he was. And he started shaking people's hands. He came to me, and I asked him to sign my shirt with the Sharpie I brought.

AND HE DID! He wrote "Dave" really big on the bottom of it, then we started talking. He asked where I was from, then said, "I never thought I'd meet someone from Wasilla, Alaska!" He asked if I knew Sarah Palin, and I told him my connections. Bill Pope even took a picture... maybe I'll be in the Bison or on the website or something cool.

But it was awesome.

Other people saw him sign my shirt and they asked him to sign theirs, too. I started a trend. :) I love it. And him. He's cool.

No comments: