11.02.2008

True Story.

Yesterday while working at the desk in the morning, I decided to toast some English Muffins and smother them with peanut butter and honey. So I popped them into the toaster, and turned it up to 5 because I like my toast-y things very well done.

I went and put the key to the kitchen away, and when I got back, there was a little bit of smoke coming out of the toaster. I thought, "Well, that isn't good. I guess my toast is done! Good thing the fire alarms didn't go off..." and right then, the fire alarms go off.

No joke.

It's 9:15am on a Saturday, the weekend after one of the busiest weeks in Kerr History, and I set off the fire alarms. I ran over to the board and turned it off, but then like 10 seconds later, it went off again. So I called Campus Safety and they came over to turn it off.

But meanwhile, all the girls start heading down to the lobby, looking really groggy and confused. I had to tell them that it was my fault - I burned my English Muffin - and they were like, "Are you kidding me?"

It was so embarrassing. Oh my word. Really really funny, but embarrassing. I know that if I had still been in bed, I would have been SO mad... but most of the girls just laughed it off, thank goodness.

So... yeah. I set off the fire alarm. I'm just that hott.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up... I love that you set English Muffins on fire.

I miss you.

Melissa Joy said...

I miss you too, Hannie...

It's funny - last time the alarm went off it was because someone set the microwave on fire.