12.02.2008

PGWKN.

Well, in T-minus two weeks, I will no longer be the co-chair for Mission Center. And while that is sad, I am ready to pass the torch to the wonderful Sarah. She'll do an awesome job.

My CML Buddy, Emily, and I were talking after the CML party tonight. We had just gotten books by A.W. Tozer called "The Pursuit of God" and were talking about how excited we are to read them. And we were planning our lunch date for tomorrow. And I mentioned that it should be a weekly tradition, and how it would be cool to read the book together and discuss it. Then it turned into learning how to knit and crochet. And then it turned into inviting more people. And it turned into a legitimate start of a new ministry/Bible Study for girls that we're going to begin next semester. It's called "PGWKN", short for Pursuing God With Knitting Needles.

How cool is it going to be to just hang out with a group of close girls, talking about God and books and what we're learning, all while knitting and crocheting? Over the summer, when I read "The Friday Night Knitting Club", I kept thinking how much fun it would be to start one here at OBU, and apparently now we're going to.

We talked to Dale, and he was really excited about it, too. We're going to talk to his wife about speaking for and with us sometime.

Tomorrow is going to be a hang out/planning time for me and Emily. :) Yay for friends who become friends because of the CML cliques.

No comments: