5.05.2009

Dear God.

Thank You.
Thank You for another day to breathe in and to breathe out.
Thank You for meeting my needs, above and beyond.

Thank You for the promises of Psalm 62:5-7 "Find rest, Of my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge."

Thank You for friendships and for laughter and for icecream.
Thank You for the rain.
Thank You for people to go hiking in the rain with.
Thank You for cold hands, wellies, and warm blankets.
Thank You for memories of Africa and "Moleesa."
Thank You for calling me beautiful.

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

Thank You for being my Romancer.
Thank You for being my Friend.
Thank You for being consistent in the confusion.
Thank You.

Thank You for healing touches.

Thank You in the good times and in the bad.
Thank You for being bigger than the good times and the bad.
Thank You for creating the good times and the bad, because through them I can better see You.

I don't say it enough, God, so thank You.

Thank You for my parents, for my brothers, for my family.

Thank You for Your Word.
Thank You for passions, and for using passions to bring Yourself glory.
Thank You that everything is for your glory, including me.

Thank You for my upcoming summer and break from school.
Thank You for teaching me perseverance.
Thank You for professors who are amazing, like Dr. James.
Thank You for allowing me to develop relationships with them.

Thank You for providing guidance, though I don't see it now.
Thank You that it is waiting there in the wings for when I am ready.
Thank You for preparing me for it.

Thank You for organizations like this that make a difference.
Thank You for asking me to make a difference.

Thank You.
Oh, Abba... thank You.

No comments: