7.29.2009

Pouring It Out. Again.

I spent a large majority of the day so far cooking and baking.
I made homemade chocolate chip cupcakes with homemade peanut butter frosting.
I made lemon-pepper chicken to go in a salad I am making. The salad consists of lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges, the chicken, and perhaps walnuts and cheese. Yum.
Both the cupcakes and the salad are for potluck tonight.

I also spent a large portion of the day writing out and addressing postcards to people. About 40 postcards total. So far.

Last night, at about midnight, I was writing in my journal and got to thinking about what God taught me in India with regards to resting in His love. And why is it so hard for me to do that? Why do I have a hard time just resting in Him, allowing Him to be my everything? I thought that, after India, I would be fine in that department, since I had "poured out my perfume" so perfectly.

But I guess that's what happens. I think I have it all together, and that's where my pride trips me up. Pastor Tom always says that right after a big spiritual high is when you are most vulnerable to attacks. I guess it's true. Bummer

Emily is gone. I had SO much fun with her. Crab Hats. Taking Pictures. Kuspuk Photo Shoot. Husband Game. Lowes Challenge. Hiking and Twister on the Butte. Trying new restaurants and shopping in Palmer stores. Oh, especially the Crab Hats. So many good times in the Crab Hats.

Welp, church, then.... yup. Then tomorrow? Work, eye-appointment, attempt number 2 at summiting Lazy.

No comments: