8.01.2009

I Found God.

Oh, you know. Just hanging out at home with Mom and Dad, wearing a tutu I just made, prepping for Sunday School tomorrow. I am teaching the high school class about the Holy Spirit. In high school, I remember not caring - at all - about the Holy Spirit.

Never thought about Him. Never heard Him. Never listened.

And I don't think that really - REALLY - changed until... The Rooftop in India.

It was towards the end of the trip. We had maybe two days left, and I was mad at God. He had been teaching me a lot, and had been faithful the whole time, but I felt like I had been left hanging. I took my Bible, journal, and iPod to the roof. It overlooked the whole city, and it was just before dusk began falling. And I started in on Him.

Confusion. Sadness. Rejection. Alone. Worried. Unsure. Oh, we had words.

But when He started speaking, my words seemed superfluous. He told me verses, Bible stories, giving me promises and assurances. He told me to watch the birds, reminding me how He guides them, and how He cares for me even more. He confided in me things that I previously knew not. He told me to listen to a song, and spoke to me through the lyrics.

I met the Holy Spirit on a roof in India. And it changed me.

2 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

Its funny how we tend to find God after wrestling with Him.

I found Him after an argument as well.

So did Jacob in the Bible....

You will do marvelous tomorrow.

I love you.

Melissa Joy said...

I am so excited to see you and hug you. I miss you.

And thanks for the encouragement!