8.20.2009

Romans 5:8.

Back at OBU, settled in my new apartment with Dani and Emily, waiting for Megan to come. It's a nice apartment, and it makes us feel mature to be cooking our own meals. Fajitas last night, then for lunch today: egg scramble deliciousness. I am finally unpacked, unsure as to how I got so many articles of clothing. It took awhile, but everything has a place.

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (NIV)

Romans 5:6-8 "Christ arrives right on time to make this happen. He didn't, and doesn't, wait for us to get ready. He presented himself for this sacrificial death when we were far too weak and rebellious to do anything to get ourselves ready. And even if we hadn't been so weak, we wouldn't have known what to do anyway. We can understand someone dying for a person worth dying for, and we can understand how someone good and noble could inspire us to selfless sacrifice. But God put his love on the line for us by offering his Son in sacrificial death while we were of no use whatever to him." (The Message)

I mean, wow.
While I was still a sinner - not that I'm not anymore - but while I was still unaware, still naive of who God is, He sent His Son for me. He loved me more. And that's a really nice thing to realize this semester, this week, today, this hour and this minute.

No comments: